Alma - SIS
Alma is Provident Charter School’s home base – our system for accessing student information shared across internal departments and our main source of communication between school and home.
Is there an app I can install on my phone?
- Yes! Please follow these instructions to install AlmaNow on your mobile device (Android & Apple).
Snow Delays & Cancellations
Provident follows Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) regarding delays and cancellations.
- Families will receive notifications through our parent portal, as well as through all major news stations.
- If there is a 2-hour snow delay, students should arrive between 9:45-10:05 a.m.
Snow Day Cancellation Procedure
If there is a cancellation, we will ask that students work asynchronously with work provided by their classroom teachers, for up to three snow days. (This is so we will not have to use make-up days listed on our calendar – April 14th, 18th, and June 9th.) If there is a 4th snow day, we will start to use these make-up days.
On these asynchronous days, there will be an attendance link sent out to all families and it is VERY important that you sign in through this link. Classroom teachers will share information about how to submit snow day assignments.
For transportation, families will also have to take note of their home district’s decision.
For example, if your district is canceled and PPS and PCS is open, your district will NOT provide transportation.
- Additionally, if your district has a 2-hour delay, and PPS and PCS does not, your child will be transported to us 2 hours late unless you drive them.
- If PCS has a 2-hour delay – all home district buses to PCS should transport 2 hours later unless they are canceled.
For transportation questions, you can reach out to your School District using the contact information found in the Bus Routes section.
2021-2022 Transportation Contacts
Any questions or concerns regarding transportation should be addressed directly to your home district.
|PCS Bus #||District||Bus Company & #||Contact Information|
|#1||Keystone Oaks||Matthews (#49)||412-571-6012|
|#2||Quaker Valley||Quaker Valley SD (#67)||724-318-8535|
|#3||Chartiers Valley||AJ Meyers (#A806)||412-275-3056|
|#5||Bethel Park||Bethel Park SD (#M12)||412-845-8663|
|#6||Fox Chapel||Fox Chapel SD (#106)||412-828-9000|
|#8||Baldwin-Whitehall||B-W SD (#103)||412-885-7595|
|#9||North Hills||North Hills SD (#118)||412-318-1024|
|#10||Upper St. Clair||Matthews (#70)||412-341-8288|
|#11A||Woodland Hills||Woodland Hills SD (#205X-1)||412-731-1300 x0187|
|#11B||Woodland Hills||Woodland Hills SD (#205-1)||412-731-1300 x0187|
|#13||Penn Hills||Penn Hills SD (#272)||412-793-7000 x81601|
|#17||Shaler||Shaler SD (#SH13-410)||412-492-1200 x82824|
|#18||Montour||Montour SD (#78 AM / #66 PM)||412-490-6500 x4701|
|#19||Avonworth||First Student (#22)||412-734-9288|
|#20||Sto-Rox||Sto-Rox SD (#597)||412-771-3213 x5217|
|#21||Hampton||Roenigk Bus Co. (none given)||724-443-5355|
|#24||North Allegheny||Allegheny Transp. (none given)||412-781-1184|
|#29||Mount Lebanon||Roenigk Bus Co. (#2485)||412-331-3974|
|#30||West Mifflin||ETS (car)||412-520-5001 (Brian)|
|#34||North Hills||North Hills SD (#371)||412-318-1024|
|#35||Shaler||Shaler SD (#517)||412-492-1200 x82824|
|#7||Pittsburgh Public School District||First Student (#A313)||412-322-4449|
|#14||Pittsburgh Public School District||A1 Transit (#T603)||412-781-6170|
|#15||Pittsburgh Public School District||First Student (#A309)||412-322-4449|
|#16||Pittsburgh Public School District||First Student-Southside (#B302)||412-431-8747 x104|
|#23||Pittsburgh Public School District||Krise Transp. (#G302)||412-815-2250|
|#25||Pittsburgh Public School District||ABC Transit (#H103)||412-458-1500|
|#31||Pittsburgh Public School District||Pennsylvania Coach (#310)||412-664-0911|
Provident Charter School will have a uniform scholar dress code in order to provide an environment where the focus is on learning and the distractions of dress are kept to a minimum. All scholars are expected to be properly dressed in the school uniform every day. All parents and guardians are expected to support their children by ensuring that scholars are properly dressed when they leave for school each morning.
all of the following are not permitted
- Shirts without collars
- Shirts with logos that are not Provident Charter School logos
- Shirts with designs (example: stripes)
- Shirts showing chest cleavage
- Shirts that do not meet the uniform bottom piece
- Shirts that have been altered (example: cut, shredded, tied)
- Denim pants/shorts or jeans
- Form-fitting pants; pants must fit loosely on the legs
- Leggings and jeggings
- Pants falling beneath the natural waistline. Please utilize a belt as necessary. Under no circumstances are students allowed to sag their pants or expose their underwear.
- Bottoms that have been altered (example: cut, shredded, tied)
- Dress shoes or sneakers
- NO open-toed shoes, NO slides, NO boots above 1 inch, NO boots to the knee
- NO hats or head coverings (baseball caps, beanies, bandanas, du-rags, winter headbands, scarves, bonnets) – unless for religious reasons and only with supporting documentation/approval.