The only school of its kind in Southwestern Pennsylvania, Provident Charter School is a tuition free, public school designed for educating students with language-based learning differences such as dyslexia. The overall structure of Provident Charter School is different than traditional schools as it offers an environment tailored for supporting students who are struggling to read:
- Small group instruction
- Flexible, leveled grouping
- Wilson Reading System® instruction daily
- Multisensory lessons designed to engage all types of learners
- 1-to-1 student devices which offer individualized assistive technology
- “Home” work is completed at school with the support of teachers
Just as important as the school’s structure are the compassionate educators and administrators who work with the students on a daily basis. The employees at Provident Charter School have a thorough understanding of our students’ needs and are dedicated to making school a positive, uplifting experience.
The successes of students at Provident Charter School are seen not only in test scores but throughout their daily lives…
“Yes, she is actually reading on her own now. As opposed to crying when forced to read for school.” –PCS Parent
“He is reading. I’m not even talking about books, he reads signs, notes, things on TV, etc. The stress of homework was gone and his anxiety almost completely disappeared. He’s truly a different kid with regards to school.” –PCS Parent
“Provident has been a true blessing for our son and family. He has been able to achieve so much due to the outstanding support of his teachers. His teachers have been able to get him to the proper reading level, and that’s remarkable.” –PCS Parent
Provident Charter School is designed for children with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences to access their potential by providing a high quality, well-rounded education that is delivered through multisensory instructional methods and individual learning plans. Our students move into high school prepared to succeed and confident in their own abilities.
About Provident Charter School
Our Fundamental Beliefs
We believe that children with dyslexia flourish in a learning community where:
- the child’s success is the driver of every decision
- the challenges and gifts of dyslexia are deeply understood
- the uniqueness of each child is honored — strengths are built upon; weaknesses are strengthened; and potential is unleashed.
- the child’s academic, personal and social development share equal priority.
- the partnership among teachers, parents and administration is a daily commitment