Welcome to Provident Charter School!
The only school of its kind in Southwestern Pennsylvania, Provident Charter School is a tuition-free, public school designed for educating students with language-based learning differences such as dyslexia. The overall structure of Provident Charter School is different than traditional schools as it offers an environment tailored to supporting students who are struggling to read:
- Small-group instruction
- Flexible, leveled grouping
- Reading intervention programs, such as Wilson Reading System®, offered daily
- Multisensory lessons designed to engage all types of learners
- 1-to-1 student devices that offer individualized assistive technology
- “Home” work is completed at school with the support of teachers for Grades 2, 3, & 4
Just as important as the school’s structure are the compassionate educators and administrators who work with the students on a daily basis. The employees at Provident Charter School have a thorough understanding of our students’ needs and are dedicated to making school a positive, uplifting experience.
Provident Charter School is designed for children with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences to access their potential by providing a high-quality, well-rounded education that is delivered through multisensory instructional methods and individual learning plans. Our students move into high school prepared to succeed and confident in their own abilities.
We believe that children with dyslexia flourish in a learning community where:
- the child’s success is the driver of every decision
- the challenges and gifts of dyslexia are deeply understood
- the uniqueness of each child is honored — strengths are built upon; weaknesses are strengthened; and potential is unleashed.
- the child’s academic, personal, and social development share equal priority.
- the partnership among teachers, parents and administration is a daily commitment